CLUB FIRST, CREW SECOND, INDIVIDUAL THIRD
I will strive to promote the primary club purposes outlined in the club vision and mission statement and keep the best interest of the club and my crew before personal aspirations.
I will treat fellow club members, competing club members, and the general community with respect, honesty, fairness, and aloha. I will respect the rights and property of others and the club, showing respect for the canoes and equipment, the environment and especially the ocean.
I will pay my dues on time, strive to achieve my personal best both physically and mentally and support others in this effort.
I acknowledge that, having signed the Kihei Canoe Club Membership Application, I have agreed to adhere to these rules at all practices, races, fundraisers, and other club events.
I understand that I will be held accountable for my behavior and that any violations may present grounds for suspension or expulsion from the club.
I understand the following behaviors will not be tolerated:
- Any physical or verbal abuse of others. This includes but is not limited to the use of aggressive or threatening behavior, profanity, vulgar language, racial slurs, or demeaning comments.
- Being drunk or under the influence of any drugs or alcohol while in canoe.
- Theft, misuse of club equipment and or funds.
I understand that incidences of disallowed behaviors may result in the following protocol:
- Documented verbal warning from the club.
- Written warning letter from the club.
- Suspension or Expulsion.
I embrace Hawaiian Outrigger Canoe culture, and our paddling 'Ohana and will consciously help all members and guests of Kihei Canoe Club feel welcome and comfortable in our club.